FSA and HSA Plans, What’s Your Plan?
Access Your FSA/HSA Benefits
FSAs and HSAs are healthcare plans that cover medically-related expenses not included under a traditional health plan and as we approach the end of the calendar year many people are looking for ways in which to spend their FSA and/or HSA dollars wisely. They are looking at what services would be covered and how they can best use these dollars before they expire on December 31st. As such Spruce Health Group would like to provide some guidance on this topic.
What Are FSA and HSA Plans?
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and health savings accounts (HSAs) work like personal savings accounts. However, the funds in the account can only go toward qualifying medical expenses. An individual who has an FSA or HSA, contributes pre-tax dollars to their account, lowering their taxable income. Individuals can use these funds to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses and the two plans work similarly. It should be noted that HSA funds CAN be rolled over to the following year but FSA contributions CANNOT.
FSA and HSA, Eligible Expenses
So, what can you use your FSA or HSA funds for? The plans are similar in that they will cover the following general IRS-eligible expenses:
- Copays or deductibles
- Qualifying prescriptions such as insulin
- Certain medical equipment
What Spruce Health Group Has To Offer
Spruce Health Group has several products and services to offer our patients that fall within the eligible categories for FSA and/or HSA spending.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapeutic joint injections
- IV Vitamin Infusions for immunity, headache relief, detoxification and recovery
- Hormone replacement therapy for both women and men
- Supplements specialized for osteoarthritis, inflammation, diabetes and general health
- Orthopedic braces for joint pain and stability
- Elastic therapeutic tape (AKA kinesiology tape)
- Equipment for home exercises such as resistance bands, hand weights and proprioceptive (balance) training devices to name a few
- Copays for covered medical treatments such as hyaluronic acid injections for the knee or Diabetes and Metabolic Therapy
Let the caring and compassionate members of Spruce Health Group help you continue on your journey towards better health and a more fulfilling life through confirming that these products and services are accessible under your current benefits. Call today!!!